Some “nice” things white people do that are still built in white supremacist attitudes.
I am seeing these same things over and over and over again, and white people, you just haven’t learned the meaning of the term “shut up” yet. Hopefully this will teach it to you.
Now, in and of themselves, these comments are not ACTIVELY racist. They do not ACTIVELY perpetuate violence. However, what they do is make you, and other white people believe that you still get to have some say in a “discussion” on racism, that it’s still something that you need to “discuss” with PoC (it’s not, white people never have anything relevant to say on racism, ever). It makes you believe that the feelings and experiences of PoC are still some kind of “chat” that you can just waltz into and “talk” about.
There is no talking when people are sharing experiences. DO NOT:
- Comment on a post wherein a PoC talks about their experience with racism to soapbox about how much you hate your fellow white people and how much it hurts you and sucks to see them ruining your anti-racism efforts and how much you wish they’d all just STOP.
- Talk about how you’d personally like all white people to die. Because if you did, you wouldn’t still be here.
- Talk about how glad you are that YOU don’t suffer like that.
- Treat a PoC you don’t know as a friend and say things you’d say to friends, but not to strangers. All y’all white people is strangers far as I’m concerned, except the token few who know who they are. If you aren’t sure, you’re not in the crew. Unlike white people, PoC tend to be much more stringent about who they consider and acquaintance and a FRIEND, especially with white people, because we’ve been CUT by you so many times we expect to get it EVERY TIME.
- Respect that we may never, ever trust you because your fellow whiteys fucked it up for you first, and don’t beg for or demand respect from us. Case in point: I was not even an ounce surprised by burntcicero’s, or mandapolos’ fabulous racist/transphobic displays, even though they’d been mostly tolerable until then, because…white people.
- We really, really, really don’t care about your feelings on racism. Not even if we’ve known you for a year. Not even if we’ve known you for a lifetime. There is never a moment where I think to myself “oh hey, I could really use a white person’s opinion on racism”. EVER. I NEVER THINK THIS. I thought about the pain of being shot up my ass by dolphin jizz once. That means I think about being murdered by dolphin jizz more than I consider getting the opinion of a white person on racism. Your opinion on racism is LESS IMPORTANT than dolphin jizz. Just. Keep that in mind.
- We don’t care if you thought someone we called out on racism deserved it. At all. Once again. Dolphin jizz is more important to me than you in this conversation.
- Stop asking us what we think about other PoC. Sometimes you’ll get an answer, sometimes you won’t, but these questions are largely just crude attempts to start shit and have no fucking value to us.
- Stop asking us about some thing your racist white teacher said to you. If you’re in a class, you’re perfectly capable of googling the information if you think it’s wrong. If your teacher says something in direct contradiction to us; your white teacher is wrong. Why? Because they’re white and get no opinion, much like you.
- Stop giving us stories about racist shit you saw.
- Stop leaving random comments on things just because you want to feel you’re interacting with us when we aren’t your friends.
- Don’t bother to step into a conversation on racism if you never stand in solidarity with us but want to act as if you’re correcting shit. At least three people who follow me I never see reblogging anything helpful or spreading the word, or doing shit for anyone, CONSISTENTLY step into a conversation just to be contrary without much to say, only the scantest idea of facts, and basically just to be a fucking problem. Trust me, we seent you. Trust me, we know your purpose is to be a lazy pseudo-intellectual fapping to yourself. Trust me, you will get blocked and avoided.
- If you’re going to correct a fact: 1) make sure it’s an actual fact and not some bullshit whitey fact, 2) don’t do it while we’re upset over racism, and 3) for the love of fucking god, do not incorrectly correct us WHILE we’re upset about racism!
- Stop asking us questions about some book you read, some essay you read, some article you read as if we already know about it. Stop treating us like magical racism gurus, and try treating us like human beings. No; we are not going to drop what we’re doing to read that article, buy that book, or start that TV show because you DESPERATELYYYYYYY need our opinion on it. This line of questioning is hands down one of the most annoying I’ve ever gotten.
- Lastly, and I’m not kidding, you seriously don’t get to have an opinion or discussion on racism. If you see a post that sounds like it’s saying “white people don’t have a right to be angry about their own suffering” when it doesn’t do so in explicit terms, punch yourself in the face until you know better; you have a problem and it’s called “you’re a white supremacist”.
- Do not step into an argument between PoC, EVEN TO DEFEND YOUR FRIENDS. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WRONG.
Finally, just keep this in mind. Racism discussions about PoC are not the place for you to do anything. At all. Your idle commentary is not appreciated. Your derailing to focus on something funny or ironic? Not appreciated. This is not the time for your small talk, self-inclusion bullshit tactics. Stop. Cease. Desist.
- castielappreciationlife reblogged this from thymelock
- ixbleedxfire likes this
- thymelock likes this
- quelola likes this
- virgingerroot likes this
- fervid-whore likes this
- seitanicpanic reblogged this from thepersonalispolitic
- rickem reblogged this from orbitingasupernova
- tanyadesu likes this
- andthus reblogged this from crystalsavestheday and added:
- corelliaantilles likes this
- nerdbyrd reblogged this from xtremecaffeine
- biscuitmunroe likes this
- idciamme likes this
- admiralmackbar reblogged this from madamethursday
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- telegantmess likes this
- rebeccaartemisa likes this
- plushpalace likes this
- williamjh reblogged this from twitterpatedlyyours and added:
- williamjh likes this
- tobeaparagraph likes this
- thecoffeebreaklife likes this
- notyrqueer reblogged this from xtremecaffeine
- notyrqueer likes this
- aliveandselving likes this
- ethiopienne likes this
- annakie likes this
- crystalsavestheday reblogged this from youarenotyou
- horchata-es-vida likes this
- twitterpatedlyyours likes this
- thepeculiarpunk reblogged this from i-xviii
- risasaurusrex likes this
- boxphones likes this
- look-at-that-bowtie likes this
- amillionmushrooms likes this
- sprackraptor likes this
- admiralmackbar likes this
- mewalkingintomordor reblogged this from this-is-the-lastime and added:
- smirkingbenevolence likes this
- tortasahogadas likes this
- findyourlovely likes this
- whatyoucanovercome likes this
- neeksageek likes this