TRIGGER WARNING for transmisogyny, radscum, cissexism: Your personal identity doesn’t change biological and patriarchal reality
But god knows plenty of people are trying.
Western patriarchy is not just about the oppressive gender binary. It is also based on biological sex. Actually, I think most foaming at the mouth trans defenders here know this, but are deluding themselves into thinking otherwise. You CAN NOT just talk about how people who are identified as women are oppressed, because this implies gender is handed out arbitrarily with no regard to a newborn‘s genitals. The western gender binary and biology are tied: Males are called “boys” females are called “girls.” Intersex people are generally erased by being “corrected” and assigned a sex.
So the set up is: male/man oppresses female/woman.
Saying this does not make you an essentialist. If you think this, you don’t actually know what biological essentialism is.
Females are oppressed for being female. On the flip side, the male body itself is imbued with patriarchal power regardless of the gender identity of the person possessing it. A penis is not just a symbol of patriarchy, a metaphoric association that you can be trained out of making (though demanding that alone is insensitive to the oppressed). It is a physical tool of patriarchy. Male genitals are used to rape and terrorize women. Biological sex, unlike gender, is physical, tangible reality.
The male body doesn’t cease being male, nor does it lose its oppressive connotations, because a transwoman says so. This is not something contingent on your feelings. The fact that some transwomen who have not undergone any sex surgery whatsoever actually insist on this to females is the height of male entitlement and narcissism, especially since we will be called oppressive for not complying (I had to actually deal with this crap).
There is a mockery for saying “words have meaning” to these particular trans people though I have YET to hear a proper rebuttal to these claims. Maybe it’s because words do have meaning and reflect actual oppression that people would rather ignore for the sake of identity. Shit like this is why radical feminists have a problem with the trans movement. Its implications are already anti female/pro patriarchy, it developed out of a backlash to any substantial feminist organizing (this is not just about privileged white women btw), and apparently allows for the most utterly absurd entitled shit, like dicks are a a female organ, to go unchecked. No, our ACTUAL oppressed femaleness has no power over your imaginary one.
Reality is not transphobia. I don’t actually think these attitudes are a reflection of a lot of individual trans people, I think they come from those that are very privileged and people on this site are stupidly defending them. Just know that your personal identities have meaning within larger societal context, something that apparently really bothers a lot of people here, hence the pearl clutching whenever anyone points out something very problematic that is condoned by pomo driven trans politics. Tumblr is seriously like an alternate self absorbed universe sometimes.
Bonus! A perfect illustration of male privilege: http://mtfproblems.tumblr.com/post/19697417690. If born women had this power, patriarchy would’ve ended by now.
Someone have at this pillock, because I sure as fuck cannot deal with arguing this one out today.
- haamer likes this
- tonyhawkstrider likes this
- octagon-surgeon likes this
- bedelia-bloodyknuckle likes this
- triguenaista likes this
- radicalandskeptical reblogged this from medusasseveredhead
- radicalandskeptical likes this
- porcupunx reblogged this from medusasseveredhead
- smalls2233 reblogged this from serafinacastaway and added:
- devoidofallmorality likes this
- smalls2233 likes this
- serafinacastaway reblogged this from medusasseveredhead and added:
- thecoffeebreaklife likes this
- honeyedfire likes this
- honeyedfire reblogged this from aimsme and added:
- whisperingparadise likes this
- porcupunx likes this
- dansphalluspalace likes this
- acafenfan reblogged this from aimsme and added:
- theawesomesauce93 reblogged this from zorascreation and added:
- lesbianseparatist likes this
- aimsme reblogged this from medusasseveredhead and added:
- semanthics reblogged this from medusasseveredhead and added:
- afrafemme reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- biyuti reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- dubmeister reblogged this from medusasseveredhead
- dubmeister likes this
- pussnbootz likes this
- gwest650 likes this
- navigatethestream reblogged this from wrcsolace and added:
- zorascreation reblogged this from queennubian and added:
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from wrcsolace and added:
- zorascreation likes this
- wrcsolace reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- isabowel likes this
- germaricanmix reblogged this from liberalchristian and added:
- daniellemertina reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- daniellemertina likes this
- lapocketrocket reblogged this from queennubian and added:
- beautiful-ambition likes this
- queennubian reblogged this from liberalchristian
- liberalchristian reblogged this from home-of-amazons
- thestareater likes this
- home-of-amazons reblogged this from medusasseveredhead
- dayhate likes this
- medusasseveredhead posted this